It’s been a while since I designed this 3KW 3-Phase Motor Controller without doing anything with it so I decided to give it an upgrade. The size of this is 100x25mm. It is very smal for it’s capacity and Perfect for larger drones.
- Removed 3rd current sensor.
- Remove the output holes at right and take the output directly from between the MOSFET’s.
- Added 2 temperature sensor.
- Modify power input so one wire comes at top and one at bottom. This enables me to easier mount the capacitor directly on the wires.
- Strengthen power paths to support 50A++. The MOSFET is capable of 160A and 400A phase currents, so it is all about heat dissipation and current paths.
- Removed some electronic filters replacing them with SW.
This design is very different to the 4 channel version due to it’s DRV8301 that contains DC/DC, Gate Drivers and current amplifiers. From a functional perspective it is less capable, but it is also much smaller size.