This Hat was actually a challenge to route, but I managed it at the 4th attempt. I am quite happy with the result as well.
- Raspberry PI Hat Format
- STM32F405RG MCU, 32bit ARM M4, 168Mhz, 1Mb Flash, 196Kb SRAM.
- 42Mbps backbone network. ca 30Mbps With Raspberry PI.
- CAN Network
- Separate PSU for PWM
- 12 x separate PWM signals, ca 1A each.
- 3 x Stepper Motors 2,5A
- 4 x 3-Phase Motors 2.5A
- 6 x DC Motors.
- 24V design capable to support 48V with some cap/diode changes.
- 24 connector terminal block with 12 signals and 12 ground connections.
- 12 separate current sensors.
- 12 separate Half H-Bridges allowing a very flexible usage.
- Based on DRV8313 3 x Half H-Bridge Driver.
I have many designs, but the flexibility of this one is in a category of itself.
- Gimball controller
- CNC/3D Printer controller
- Running DC Motors/PWM signal up to 10A by combining ports.
I must also admit that it feels good to be finish with this after so many failures on routing this very design. I have done many weighted compromises here, so I will need the MCU on this one, but it will be fun!
My motivation to do this one is that it is a key component in a very special control system where it is possible to actually earn some money. But, well – I can’t tell every secret in here 🙂