This illustration show the new PCB layout, but the old have the same capacitor options. Previously as I tested this mini driver I did not apply the capacitor and the result was 2 blown drivers. I actually believe that a large capacitor as planned is all that is needed to absorb the spikes that took out 2 boards earlier.
The 2nd part is that I want to add a 1A/47uH coil and use the 3.3V from DRV10983 rather than the added AMS1117.
The 3rd part is to program the Controller properly to see if I can Control speed. The hard reality here is that I try running a 50mA 3-phase motor and DRV10983 is scaled for 2A motors. The driver might simply be to large for the job.