Not very exiting, but it has taken me most of the day. This is the revision 1.1 of the 32xServo Hat. Just for the record – the red lanes are actually ground plane so it will all be covered with GND – I just switched it off for the picture.
- Added optional TVS diode on PSU for better protection.
- Added 100uF and 100nF capacitor on PSU for spike cutting.
- Adjusted pin header positions to better fit 3×4 headers.
- Adjusted the lower 16 channels as they where a bit close to the bottom edge.
- Added TVS on all 32 channels for protection of the MCU.
- Changed all LED’s to 0603 package.
- Added weak pull-up on nRESET.
The lower 16 channels can use 3×4 right angle connectors allowing the Hat to be used in a stack. I finally found a good price on 3×4 right angle down to ca 10 cent each – still looking. You can still use classic 2.54 Pitch pin headers that is even cheaper.
Revision 1.0 is actually ok to go, so I will try putting this into production & sales since a lot of people have asked for it. It will be exiting to see what assembly prices I can achieve. PCB & Components are probably ca 10.- USD all together.