PLAIN – Programming Language for Automation Industry
An easy to use Programming Language/Logic concept to deal with robotics using distributed systems. Languages like C/C++ are excellent for dealing with low level electronics, performance and algorithms, but they are not designed to deal with complex logic implemented over a distributed system like a home automation- or robot-system.
- Generic in nature.
- Be able to use C/C++ modules.
- Deal with distributed, high level Logic.
- Text based Language for now.
- Support a future graphical IDE/CASE tool.
- State-engine and event based logic
- Easy to read top-down text, no cryptic syntax.
- Easy to learn, yet powerfully.
- Embeddable into other solutions.
- Be able to use easyIPC as core communication protocol.
The current work on PLAIN includes
- Language Specification
- Run-Time Engine
- IDE/CASE Tool
- Communication (easyIPC)
- PLAIN Enabled Devices