This is my old universal motor controller that actually worked quite well. The main challenge I had was dodgy MOSFET’s. As I moved on I also moved to 60V and 50A + a Hat design that is a bit larger, but I have been thinking about updating this smaller design as well.
Todo on rev 1.2:
- Max 30V, meaning 24V
- Max 20A. I think 15A is more realistic, but the MOSFET’s can handle very large puse currents.
- 4 separate Half H-Bridges as before
- 4 BEMF sensors
- 4 Current sensors. Revision 1.0 uses INA210, but I want to swap that for INA193/INA194.
- Simplify some filters because we can do them in SW.
- Replace PSU with 7812.
- Replace LM1117 with SPC3819
- Add connectors for caps on top.
- Add 2 temperature sensors between MOSFET’s.
- Replace connectors with JST Micro.
- Add space between Shunt and connectors.
- Remove 6 screw holes.
- RS485 as before, but see if I can add CAN and TTL UART.
- Export more spare IO.